Asian Capability & Engagement Program
One of Melbourne’s most progressive restaurant and bar operators, the Riverland Group has five city hospitality venues and a gourmet restaurant and regional produce store on the Great Ocean Road.
Offering modern western cuisine set against the backdrop of iconic Australia tourism destinations, Riverland sought to engage with the local Asian community and to capitalise on the growing inbound visitor markets.
GAO was engaged to develop a program of consultation; strategy; product development; and sales, marketing and PR activities, to help Riverland engage with and cater for the Asian markets, with a particular focus on China, including:
- Translation and design of Chinese menus
- Multilingual signage and wayfinding strategy
- Establishment and management of in-language digital platforms, including official WeChat account
- Implementation of Chinese payments (WeChat Pay and AliPay)
- Travel trade packaging and engagement
- Execution of travel trade, media and PR events
Engaging with marketing partners, tourism industry and some of Australia's hottest local influencers
Translation and design of Chinese menus