ROCKY MOUNTAINEER – CANADA
China Marketing, Digital & Partnerships
Since its inception in 1990, Rocky Mountaineer in Canada has welcomed nearly 2 million guests and become one of the most spectacular and unforgettable travel experiences in the world. Today, Rocky Mountaineer offers over 65 unique Canadian vacation packages and four distinctive rail routes through British Columbia, Alberta and the Pacific Northwest.
In 2018, Rocky Mountaineer launched in the China market offering dedicated Chinese language departures and an integrated sales, marketing and partnerships program. Recognising the importance of the digital landscape and strategic partnerships in China, Rocky Mountaineer engaged GAO as their digital agency to deliver a range of social media, content and cooperative marketing programs, including:
- Development of a digital strategy and partnership plan
- Establishment and ongoing management of official WeChat and Weibo accounts, including passenger engagement
- Content development including multilingual graphic design; video and photo production; animation; and in-language copywriting
- Identify and develop strategic partnership opportunities with destination marketing organisations, airlines and non-traditional partners
- Digital advertising (eg Sina Weibo, WeChat Moments) and KOL programs
WeChat account design and management.
Creative longform illustration.