WINE YARRA VALLEY – AUSTRALIA
Wine Marketing & Tourism Development
Located less than an hour from Melbourne, the Yarra Valley is one of Australia’s foremost cool climate wine producing regions. The region is renowned for producing world class Chardonnay, Pinot and a wide range of varieties which are exported all over the world.
With an estimated 136,600 Chinese visitors in the year ending June 2019, the Yarra Valley is also one of Australia’s premier destinations for Chinese wine and culinary tourists.
As a component of the Australian Government’s Export and Regional Wine Support Package, GAO was engaged from 2019 – 2020 to deliver the Yarra Valley China Ready and Integrated marketing project.
Working with the local wine industry groups, over 70 winery and tourism operators and local government, GAO delivered an integrated wine marketing and tourism development program focused on growing Chinese exports, international tourism and visitor engagement, including:
- Development of a wine tourism marketing strategy and China engagement program
- Delivery of a China symposium to up-skill winery and tourism operators and strengthen regional capabilities
- Design, translation and production of industry and consumer facing collateral and toolkits
- Multilingual digital communications including a WeChat official account, WeChat Mini-Program, Sina Weibo and website
- Chinese New Year campaign with online and offline activations including point-of-sale and wine packaging
Wine export strategy,
digital and social media training, and industry development
point-of-sale, packaging and
Chinese New Year campaign
Multilingual website, China social media management and WeChat mini-program development